Business Intelligence / Data Analytics Intern
We are seeking an exciting intern to join our Business Intelligence Team!
This intern position is within the Business Intelligence Department and will support the team with data analysis, model development, data visualizations and decision support for various departments.
The Business Intelligence Department is responsible for analyzing the full set of data of the company and deriving valuable insights from it. It fosters a data driven culture in the company, provides data driven decision support and automates central processes across key departments. On a day-to-day basis this includes: combining data from different data sources, enabling performance monitoring, developing algorithms to optimize complex business processes, and creating models to support important business decisions.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Extract, organize, and analyze data from various data sources
- Create data visualizations and answer business questions
- Develop new reports and dashboards to help users make faster and better decisions
- Solve various problems from all sides of the business
- Implement your own project to improve generating insights from a wide range of data
- Self-starter with a strong desire to learn
- Solid logical, technical, and quantitative abilities
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
- Meticulous attention to detail, can ask the correct questions
- Character of integrity, inventiveness, and inquisitiveness
- Strong skills in utilizing MS Office including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience in Data Analytics Software: Power BI (Tableau, Qlik) is beneficial
- Coding skills in SQL are beneficial
- Experience in any programming language or software for data analysis (Python, R, Java, Matlab, SAS, SPSS) is beneficial. Coding skills in Python (especially Pandas) would be highly advantageous
Experience and Education:
The Intern must be currently obtaining a Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Data Science, Analytics, Statistics, Engineering, Finance, Economics or any other quantitative-related areas.
- Awesome mentors and colleagues
- Gain valuable work experience
- Explore a career path
- Network with professionals in the field
- Internship allowance